Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happenings ....

Good Morning Bloggy ,

A bright and sunny day outside . Nice day to do some work out of the house ...just to make some sweat before I take my bath . But before that I got to share with you what I did during the recent Deepavali .

Of course we all know who celebrated this occasion . WELL you know me ...the kepoh kind ....I MUST be there to see how my Hindu neighbors celebrate the occasion .

A frenzy of shopping , cleaning up the house , baking and letting of fire works at midnight are typical Malaysian scenes . That was what my neighbors did . Friends and families gather for prayers ; for the departed souls on Deepavali eve .

well...I had a fare share of tasting Indian delicacies early on Deepavali morning . Given by my neighbors . So sweet of them . Then I did my fair share of baking some cakes for each of my close neighbors . Never did this kind of slaving away in the kitchen for a whole day . Served me right for not baking any earlier .

At night I went to another part of the town . Now this place is well known for its vibrant lights during Deepavali . Since that particular stretch of 40 link houses are Hindus , you can imagine the rows and rows of decorated and colorful lights from each house . It was just beautiful .

And yunno what Bloggy , I managed to visit a couple of houses . I don't know these people . They invited me to come in . So I went in . And I got the chance to taste the local Indian delicacies like Marukku .

Nice people . Typical of us Malaysians to be kind on such festivities . I had so much fun . Fun in the sense that I gate crashed into people's houses which I had not done for such a long time . Last I did that was during Hari Raya Aidil Fitri when I was a kid ....

I hope to have nice day today too . Sunny day for the whole day as I have a couple of stuff I need to dry out in the sun.

Just me

Dancy

No comments:

Post a Comment