Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dannok For Lunch

Bloggy dear ,

A whole basket of orchids for you and me . Beautiful ain't it ? Each bunch selling for RM2 . Found at a market in Dannok , Thailand.



While in Dannok , I can't believe I ate this fried ox tongue for lunch . Tasty .....


Sis in law and her family came to visit us . During one of the days we all decided to drive up north to the border . Crossed over and had lunch at Dannok , Thailand the border town .




All because we wanted to taste authentic Thai food . Delicious ....and we never regretted going there . A real thrill . So here's sea food tom yam .



Steam fish .Very delicious ...! Plus a couple of other dishes for lunch . We finished all ...




It took us about an hour an a half from our house in Sg Petani to reach the border . After parking the cars we walked over to the Thai's Immigration post . Quite a queue there as we all lined up to have our passports processed .



A 100 meters away is Dannok Town . Business is flourishing on the Thai's side . A real hustle and bustle and jam packed people of a town . Full of vehicles and that meant pollution ...both noise and air . Our side of the border ...Bukit Kayu Hitam is quiet . Such a contrast . The air is cleaner too ...Thank God for that .

Bloggy , at the Thai Immigration post each of us had to put in RM1 inside our passport . A friend had told my hubby to do that . If we didn't do that the guy manning the station will purposely delay in processing your passport .




In my case the officer asked for a RM1 . I had put that ringgit on another page and the officer didn't see that . He flipped thru the pages, found it saying he did not see it in the first place .

Much as I wanted to ask him why I need to give him, common sense told me to seal my lips ....you never know ...these guys can whipped up a story just to get even with me. I might find myself staying a night in Dannok's jail .

Honestly that was plain day light robbery or is it bribery ...? Can u imagine the amount of Ringgit Malaysia they all raked in with the thousands of Malaysians passing thru the border ?

I'm not sure if that RM1 applies to us Malaysians only . Maybe their own citizens are spared . Anyway that happened on that part of the border ....not on the Malaysian side . I am glad for that .



More flowers for you and me bloggy dear . Gotta scoot now .

Just me

Dancy

No comments:

Post a Comment